By registering to participate in the Israel 75 Mitzvah Day on April 23, 2023, you (the “Volunteer”) understand this release and waiver of liability is in favor of Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia (Jewish Federation), a nonprofit corporation, and Jewish Federation’s directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (together with Jewish Federation, the Jewish Federation persons)
The Volunteer(s) desire to serve as a Volunteer for Jewish Federation and engage in the activities related to being a Volunteer. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include those related to fundraising phone-a-thons, assisting older persons with certain tasks in their home, cooking meals, picking up litter, participating in missions and trips within the US, transporting goods, planting and gardening, visiting the sick and elderly, packaging donated goods, painting murals, building and repair work, dance-a-thon, etc.
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
- Release and Waiver: Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Jewish Federation persons from any and all liability, charges, causes of action, claims, demands and other matters of any kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arises or hereafter may arise from or on account of Volunteer’s Activities with Jewish Federation. Volunteer understands that this Release discharges the Jewish Federation persons from any liability, charges, causes of action, claims, demands, and other matters of any kind or nature that the Volunteer may have against the Jewish Federation persons with respect to any and all matters, including but not limited to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, loss, expense, charge or property damage that may result from or in connection with Volunteer’s Activities with Jewish Federation, whether caused by the negligence of the Jewish Federation persons or otherwise. Volunteer also understands that the Jewish Federation persons do not assume responsibility for or any obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
- Medical Treatment: Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge the Jewish Federation persons from any liability, charges, causes of action, claims, demands and other matters of any kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arises or hereafter may arise from or on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s Activities with Jewish Federation.
- Assumption of the risk: The Volunteer understands that the Activities include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to those outlined above. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities and releases and forever discharges and holds harmless the Jewish Federation persons from all liability for and of all matters, including but not limited to injury, illness, death, loss, expense, charge or property damage that may result from the Activities.
- Insurance: The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by Jewish Federation in writing, Jewish Federation does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical and health insurance. If activities include Volunteer using their own automobile, Volunteer understands they are responsible for obtaining auto insurance on their vehicle and that Jewish Federation will not be responsible or liable for any personal injury or property damage caused in whole or in part while Volunteer is using their personal vehicle.
- Other: Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release, which shall continue to be enforceable.